The Full Marathon starts with the same course as the Half-Marathon. The course starts at the Eagles Association building immediately south of Orting Park. It passes by a large farmland, then starts along the river. After crossing over the main road between Orting and South Prairie, it crosses over the beautiful river and provides a steller picture of Mt Rainier on a clear day! It carries on in a general uphill route to South Prairie, where there are two (2) road crossings. Then it crosses the river while leaving South Prairie, and starts a steeper uphill over 4 more bridges (one quite high off the river bed). The route continues a steady uphill until about one mile before the turn-around in the city of Buckley, just pass the Buckley community park on Hwy 410. Then, you turn around and have a brisk downhill back to the finish line in Orting. You may walk, jog, race or Wheelchair/Hand Crank this event, and it is a Boston Qualifying course. It is a USATF certified course.
The Orting Marathon Association will provide to all runners:
- Water/refueling and aid stations every 3 miles of this event
- A Free lunch for all paid participants, and the option of your family/friends to purchase the same
- A Free shirt for each participant, and a 25% discount to runners on all other merchandise available the day of the event.
- Loads of runner support from the Council Contingent Philmont Scout Troop who will be benefiting from this event to go to the Philmont Scout Ranch.
- An exceptional Kid Color Run event managed by volunteers and staff of the YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties, including their white shirt to be colored in the event!
Depending upon when you register, you will qualify for FREE or reduced prices to join the Beer Garden party, get a Massage from an LMP, and other specials discounts