The course starts at the Eagles Association building immediately south of Orting Park. It passes by a large farmland, then starts along the river. After crossing over the main road between Orting and South Prairie, it crosses over the beautiful river and provides a steller picture of Mt Rainier on a clear day! It carries on about a half mile before South Prairie, along the river and beautiful wetland areas, and then meets the turn-around, back to the finish/start line. You may walk, jog, race, or Wheelchair/Hand Crank this event! It is a USATF certified half marathon course.
The Orting Marathon Association will provide to all runners:
- Water/refueling and aid stations every 3 miles of this event
- A Free lunch for all paid participants, and the option of your family/friends to purchase the same
- A Free shirt for each participant, and a 25% discount to runners on all other merchandise available the day of the event.
- Loads of runner support from the Council Contingent Philmont Scout Troop who will be benefiting from this event to go to the Philmont Scout Ranch.
- An exceptional Kid Color Run event managed by volunteers and staff of the YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties, including their white shirt to be colored in the event!
Depending upon when you register, you will qualify for FREE or reduced prices to join the Beer Garden party, get a Massage from an LMP, and other specials discounts.