Kid’s Color Run
Kid’s Color Run
This course will be an obstacle course on the east side of Orting Foothills Trail, starting at the Starting line, and winding around to the skate park where it will go back and forth in grass, gravel and on pavement up and over several dirt hills. There will be many support staff and parents involved in covering participants with powdered colors of all kinds, along with getting wet (weather permitting). It may go by the fire station and police department where staff may be on-hand to participate in some surprising ways! It will then wind back around and finish at the finish line of the marathon. You may walk, jog, or race this event, but the course is not able to accommodate Wheelchairs/Hand cranks. If those with wheelchairs/Hand cranks sign up to participate, they will be able to complete the section of the race that is on pavement, and accommodations will be made.
The Orting Marathon Association will provide to all runners:
- Water/refueling and aid stations every 3 miles of this event
- A Free lunch for all paid participants, and the option of your family/friends to purchase the same
- A Free shirt for each participant, and a 25% discount to runners on all other merchandise available the day of the event.
- Loads of runner support from the Council Contingent Philmont Scout Troop who will be benefiting from this event to go to the Philmont Scout Ranch.
- An exceptional Kid Color Run event managed by volunteers and staff of the YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties, including their white shirt to be colored in the event!
Depending upon when you register, you will qualify for FREE or reduced prices to join the Beer Garden party, get a Massage from an LMP, and other specials discounts.